Tuesday 15 October 2013

Gestural Abstraction Art Make-up Using Crownbrush



When I am feeling creative or preparing for a make-up job I love to get my Crown-brushes out and experiment with different make-up looks on myself. This look I created is called 'Gestural Abstraction'  It's a chance for me to show off the process of making art! Gestural Abstraction means you are demonstrating a variety of techniques that include dripping, dabbing, smearing, and even flinging paint on to the surface of the canvas (my face).



To create these techniques it all depends on actions directed by the artist (myself using my Crown-brushes) using a  sense of control interacting with chance or random occurrences better known as Action Painting! I used various techniques with my Duo Fibre brushes in different sizes, face paints and powder eyeshadows from the Smoke It Out palette and Professional 88 Palette (01) .Within this look it was all down to movement on how I was feeling, so therefore was not a planned look. This was all down to layering the makeup with several techniques. 




Do you ever create action painting when applying make-up on yourself or models?

All Crownbrush products and brushes can be purchased from www.crownbrush.co.uk

~
Karla

X

2 comments: